Cool Stuff // Week 1
For Nerds Like Me:
- Artist creates pixelated classic paintings using legos // I don't know how he ever thought to do this, but I'm really impressed. Naturally, lego saw this and is turning it into a national campaign! And why wouldn't they?
- This witty infographic will tell you whether or not you're reading a gothic novel. // According to this, I haven't read a gothic novel since high school.
- Watching Game of Thrones this week, I became immediately obsessed with this dress that Sansa wore in her last scene. // Costume design for television and movies has always fascinated me, because I like to see how costumes change as characters evolve. After an episode in which we begin to understand that Sansa is a lot smarter than she looks or act, I'm happy to see that her pretty-little-nice-girl dresses have been retired to her closet.
- Speaking of Game of Thrones, the Viper and the Mountain are still totally buddies on instagram. // As a side note, this show is teaching me that I should just never love anything.
- If you're looking for an incredibly nerdy but pretty awesome medieval fantasy series to read, I HAVE FOUND IT. // I'll have finished the second book by the end of the week. Third book come out soon? The books are VERY good at world building and have fleshed out characters I'm growing to love. They're easier reads than GoT, probably meant for a bit younger audience, and definitely more family friendly. #nerdlifeforeva
Wedding Photography Madness:
- Five Things a Bride Should Never DIY // I may be biased because I don't have a crafty bone in my body, but this article rings true to me. Brides, save where you can but be sure to trust professionals for the things that really matter to you!
- I Hate Wedding Photography // I don't actually hate wedding photography, but this post was a good read and totally reinforces the concept that comparison is the thief of joy.
- How much does it cost to start up a photography business? // Keeping it real with what photographers must pay to begin their businesses.
Just Some Good Life Stuff:
- How to be sharp, eloquent and witty on command. // Am I the only one that comes up with witty things to say after I'm done talking to a person?
- As a recovering procrastinator, this no-procrastination challenge sounds like just what I need in my life right about now.
- How to make a marriage work // While everybody, and every marriage, is different and requires different things to work, this is still a good read I'd recommend to married folk.
Pretty Things I Like:
- A Well Travelled Woman // A pretty Tumblr with travel photos and quotes and other nice things I like.
- Lingered Upon // Alice Gao is a photographer I really admire and her blog is always filled with effortless, minimalist gorgeousness.
- This Swimsuit. // Just kill me with the pretty.
- These shoes. And these ones. And these ones.