One of the may photos I shot while I was away. Check out the full photo story.
I know this break wasn't ideal. As expected, lack of posts resulted in a huge drop in traffic and communication from readers. I love hearing from you, so I was feeling extra lonely the past few weeks despite being so busy I could burst. Sometimes, however, the less than ideal ends up being what's necessary. I want this blog to be a place to share what I love and what inspires me, not an obligation. So by taking the obligation out of the picture - not posting for a few weeks - I've essentially given myself a fresh start.
And I'll take it.
So what have I been up to?
- Taking pictures like nobody's business. I'm up to my eyeballs in edits.
- Cooking lots of glorious food. I got creative and began inventing my own recipes. More on that in the coming weeks.
- School work. Boring, I know. But 18 units aren't going to complete themselves, and I am chasing after that 4.0.
- Training for my October half marathon. I'm terrified at the idea of 13.1 miles, but I will cross that finish line if it kills me!
- Reading. Who would have thought a goal of 24 books in a year would be so difficult? Well, at least I'm making some progress. Currently reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, an amazing work of nonfiction. I would definitely recommend it.
Did you miss me? What have you been up to while I was gone?