As you read this, I am on a plane! (Whoohoo!) Steven and I will be spending six glorious days in the Tuscan countryside. I'm getting chills just thinking about it. We're staying in a lovely B&B about fifteen minutes out of florence, up in the hills overlooking the city. Just pinch me. As I'm writing this (in Germany) it is pouring rain and about 55 degrees outside. I like fall weather, but I'd take 80 degress and sunny over that any day.
I've put together a list of things I'd really like to do while we're there, but I'm not sure if we'll have time to get it all done. It is as follows:
1. Eat a ton of pasta. Duh.
2. Rent bikes and spend a few hours coasting around the countryside.
3. Go hiking in the hills.
4. Relax, take it slow and finally finish the book I started two months ago.
5. Take fabulously tacky tourist photos of the leaning tower of Pisa.
6. Visit Sienna
7. Eat more pasta.
9. Eat gelato once finished eating pasta.
10. Take an authentic Italian cooking class.
Have you ever been to Tuscany? Do you have restaurant recommendations, advice, other input? I'd love your help!