We all have quirks. Little things about us we can’t control. Today, I’ll tell you some of mine on the condition that you’ll share yours in the comments and we can laugh and have bonding moments.
1. As a child I used to walk on my tippytoes, all the time. It looked weird. I don’t do that anymore but sometimes I catch myself standing on my tiptoes while waiting in lines.
2. I can not sit pretzel style. I can not do it. My hips do not work that way, much to the amusement of my yoga instructors.
3. I like to drop things. Phone, wallet, ceramic dishware, you name it and I’ve dropped it.
4. I listen to music when out on my runs. When waiting to cross streets, I sometimes dance enthusiastically to the music when I think no one is watching. I have been caught on numerous occasions doing so.
5. In addition to dropping things, I also like to trip over things, bump into things, and lose my balance in general.
6. When I was a young girl my favorite “toy” was a Pocahontas shaped shampoo bottle. No really. It was like a doll but I could wash my hair with it.
8. Sometimes I’ll be thinking about embarrassing moments I’ve had while in public places (i.e. train, super market,) and I’ll make an “ugh!” sound in response to my thoughts, and then people stare at me and I’ve added another embarrassing moment to my list.
9. One of my recurring dreams involves a quartet of singing Siberian huskies. They are in a secret dog mafia and try to kill me in every dream. The sad thing is, while I’m in the dream I’m actually genuinely terrified – it’s only when I wake up that I realize how ridiculous it is.
10. I sing. All the time. Especially when doing chores. When my husband went out to take the trash out, he came back into the apartment and reported that he could hear me all the way down three flights of stairs when you just walk into the apartment building…guess I’ve been performing for the neighbors all this time. Whoops.
So now it’s your turn. What are your quirks?