original image source here
typography by me
typography by me
To me, my “fresh start” begins as winter snows melt away and spring sunshine takes up shop and stays a while. I know New Years is all about starting anew, but it’s hard for me to do that right in the middle of winter. When it’s cold I like to hibernate: lots of sleep, comfort food, and stretchy clothes – not exactly ideal for achieving some solid goals. Springtime, however, is always a welcome time of year in my book. The idea of being able to go outside in a dress and sandals (swoon!) and to enjoy flowers and sunshine once again…well, lets just say that gives me a lot more motivation to get organized and ready to take on the world.
Thus, March has become my down-with-winter-yuckiness month! It is all about de-cluttering, re-organizing, re-vamping and just plain improving myself and my environment! I figure if I’m going to be taking on these projects, why not invite my dear friends in the blog world to do the same? Then we can link up our posts about our spring cleaning adventures and offer moral support.
Here are some tasks I’ll be working on this month:
- Completely re-organize my closet. Take inventory, donate unwanted items, and make a list of clothes desired for the spring season!
- Create a new time-management system for the hubs and I. Create monthly and weekly schedules to keep our tasks organized.
- Make chore charts to prevent daily tasks from building up.
- Make new hair and skin care products for the spring season
- Create an exercise plan to get this body beach-ready.
- Decorate the apartment and complete those DIY’s I’ve been procrastinating on.
I hope you’ll join me in starting fresh this month! I’ll be talking about my closet re-vamp next Friday. If you’d like to link up your own organization experiences next week, be sure to stop by! I’d love to read what you’re doing to get ready for this wonderful season.
What are some of your spring cleaning rituals?