Today I'd like to share with you a DELICIOUS recipe I made last week. It may seem like an odd combination, but I promise the combination of flavors is absolutely to die for! This is a perfect dish for you and you're family if you're looking for a seasonal dish that's offbeat and different from the norm! I will definitely be making this again...and soon!
- Olive Oil, Drizzled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup non fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 5 whole wheat (or not!) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzerella or gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomato pesto
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add 2 cups chicken broth, chicken breasts, and cover for approximately 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside 1 cup of the chicken broth for later. Shred chicken using two forks.
- Heat olive oil in the pan over medium heat. Add onions and sautee until brown. Add garlic and continue to sautee until fragrant. Add shredded chicken, mix well, and remove from heat.
- In a different large bowl, mix together pumpkin, chicken broth, yogurt, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Spread a spoonful of sun dried tomato pesto onto each tortillas. Spoon a bit of the chicken mixture into the tortillas and roll, placing them in a baking dish seam side down.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over the top, topping generously with cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes
I promise you, this recipe is a keeper! I hope you try it. Let me know how it goes!